Wood or engineered wood floor installation
You have nothing to do, we take care of everything: removal of the original floor, preparation of the underlay, repairs, if necessary, etc.
To avoid any damage, a hardwood floor’s installation should normally be the last step in a renovation or construction project.
Therefore, all plastering, painting and concreting work must be completed and everything needs to be very dry.
Air conditioning and heating must have been running for at least 5 days before the floor even enters the house. This acclimatization step is crucial. The humidity inside must have reached 40 to 50% for at least 48 hours.
You need to make sure that the subfloor is level, solid, with adequate humidity. According to the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA), the difference in humidity content between the subfloor and the hardwood must not exceed 4%.
Our experts consider these details, as well as the quality of the materials, to be greatly important. It's what allows us to guarantee highly professional hassle-free installation, for perfect, lasting results.
Our experts follow the following steps to the letter :
- Site inspection
- Underlay verification, and, if necessary, repair
- Wax paper or acoustic membrane installation
- Verification of subfloor humidity (maximum deviation of 4% with hardwood for plywood and concrete)
- Verification of hardwood humidity (ideally between 6 and 8%)
- Installation of floor slats according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Final room cleaning